The Oscars are behind us. And so are the National Society of Film Critics Awards, the Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards, the Golden Globes, National Board of Review Awards, Directors Guild of America Awards… the list goes on and on.
But wait! There’s another contest in town, actually, in digital town. Meet The Top 100 Prestige Brands on Facebook!
This relatively young report comes from L2 and BuddyMedia.com. It was created by NYU Professor Scott Galloway and identifies 100 most prestigious brands on Facebook. Some of the considerations for choosing the right candidates were the size of community, platform functionality, interactivity, etc. Here’s a taste of the top 10 brands:
- Bare Escentuals
- Bobbi Brown
- Johnnie Walker
- Tory Burch
- Engagement vs. Size, Quality vs. Quantity: Analysis of the Facebook page size versus Engagement demonstrates a negative correlation, suggesting that many of the brands that have been most effective at acquiring Facebook fans have fallen flat engaging them.
- Seen, But Not Heard: Twenty percent of prestige brands do not allow fans to post on their wall; these brands posted average IQs of 82 versus an average of 107 for brands allowing wall posts.
- Product vs. Promotion: Analysis of more than 800 brand wall posts demonstrates that posts about products garnered the highest interaction rates across the study. Posts around contests and promotions registered the lowest interaction rates.
- Glocal: Brands that maintain both global and regional Facebook pages garner fives times the interaction of those that have just a singular global page.
- Facebook Is Not an Island: Prestige Facebook efforts are poorly integrated across digital platforms. Just over half are promoted on brand sites through share technology, and only 29 percent incorporate the open graph “like” API.
- F-Commerce: The New, New Thing: None of the Prestige 100 are currently engaged in Facebook commerce. It is predicted this will be the area of greatest investment over the next 12 months.
Congratulations to the winners! We LIKE you.