OK, the name Google+ keeps popping up in emails and tech news and it’s time to figure out what it is.
Well, Google+ is the next step in social media and interaction (at least, this is what I assume it to be). It takes all those fun tools you love about your current social mediums and rolls it into one. It is like taking: Facebook, Twitter, Skype, Foursquare, and parts of IPhone and smooshing them all together into one major program.
Google+ is still in testing stage but, as always with Google, there’s a very cool tutorial/ intro that takes us through the future of social interaction.
For starters, there are 5 key tools under the Google+ umbrella. These are:
- Circles (organize your friends/contacts in appropriate groups),
- Hangouts (a video conferencing tool that allows you to see and talk with up to 10 people),
- Sparks (we tell Google+ what we are in to and it will provide us with relevant info),
- Huddle (turns texting into a group chat)
- Instant Upload (that’s obvious, shoot pictures or video and it gets instantly uploaded to your own Google album).
Google claims that this will the best thing out there until they roll out teleports and inter-galactic traveling at affordable prices… just kidding… for now.